ustat pernah cakap..

>> Saturday, July 26, 2008

When I was in boarding school, in one of the classes yang period yang last tu... pukul 130 - 210 petang.. yang mane semua orang dah lapar and tak sabar2 nak lari ke DS (Dewan Selera) sebab haritu the menu was Nasi Ayam, dikala everyone's mind was visualizing Nasi Ayam DS sementara budak2 kelas lain yg balik cepat and lalu our class and gave us that "Haha beratur panjang la kau kejap lagi!! Hahahaha.. dapat ayam kecik2 la ko nnt.. hahahaha", dikala ketika itu, ustat pernah cakap.. "Persiapan untuk kahwin adalah 20 tahun.. percaya tak.. nak kahwin punya pasal... persiapan dia jer dah 20 tahun"... and then everybody started to pay attention again.. including me.. and then he said.. "kita belajar berjalan... bercakap... menulis... semua utk juga adalah persiapan utk kahwin... "

And then i thought. how about those who got married before 20 ? and he answered my question.. "maka, umur yang paling afdal untuk berkahwin adalah lebih daripada 20... dah cukup matang.. dah bersedia untuk memikul tanggungjawab... "

yes i know. interesting topic. so now, i am 21.. (cewah hehehe).. okla.. so now im 20 plus.. almost reaching 30... does that mean, i am dah 1o tahun lebih matang daripada the expected age to get married? something to think about..

but what i know is that, i want to be, i try and i hope that :-

I want to be
what I want to be now and live my life as happy and as freely as I want to be. I am thankful that I can do what I wanna do now and I have the freedom to do what I wanna do now.

I try to spend time with my family as much as possible. I try to hangout with my friends as much as possible (yang sesiapa masih sudi dan ada mase utk spend time wif me now). The quality time with the ones that you care about and cares about you that really matters. I try to make time for myself, like learning to take pictures, read books, spending my money for myself and my family, saving money for a rainy day, doing business just for the fun of it, learning new stuff everyday. meeting different type of people from different walks of life, talking and exchanging ideas with whoever I feel comfortable talking to and they reciprocate.

I hope that when I settle down, when I am married and have my own family, I will not regret. and not question, "why didn't I do this ? why didn't I do that? now I can't do this. now I can't do that." I hope that I won't say "ko senang la. ko takde commitment. ko takde laki nak jaga. ko takde anak." (believe me, i have heard that plenty of times and i wonder what had cause them to say that? what happened to the beauty of marriage? where are all the flower2 and butterflies? kenapa kena ada banyak bende negative? why? why? i really don't know why. and i wish I know and comprehend them NOW so that i can do something about it LATER.) and I hope, although there might be restrictions or as I always hear people say susah nnt bila dah kahwin I hope i still have some space to do the things i want. or even if i can't for some reason, at least, I have done it.. and not regret.

I have never been on the other side of the grass. I have no idea how it is. I've heard stories and seen with my eyes. But it's not the same as experiencing it yourself, I guess. They say it's always greener on the side that I am standing right now.. perhaps.. so i'm just gonna make it as green as possible.. at least when I look back, it will make me smile.. perhaps...

my chemical romance will be landing on Tuesday.. Can't wait :) How izzit being in a long distance relationship ? well, it's challenging at times. But as long as both parties are willing to give space, trust and understand each other, insyaAllah it will be fine. If you ask me, i'd say, the best part is meeting again after months of only listening to each other's voices and reading SMSes and YM msgs. The hardest part is parting again... but with those 3 vital ingredients, your recipe will be sweet, sugar and spice and all nice.. However, there may be times that you have misunderstanding and stuff.. Hence, the understanding each other part will play its role.. But who am I to give advice on long distance relationship (LDR) ? I've only been in LDR - inter-region with 6 hours time difference for 3 years only.. . i didn't say being in a LDR is easy. its a tough job. believe me. its not easy. but itulah dia i try to share my experience and thoughts.. it may be helpful.. it may not.. but its okay.. its my blog. HA HA.. hehehe.

Good night people. I had a very interesting / very not the routine / out of the ordinary day. Pray for me. Pray for me to hop on the other side of the grass soon. InsyaAllah :)

4 comments:

Soraya 5:36 PM  

well, depending on who you marry (of course) you can still have time for yourself, it's just when it comes to having another big commitment like further studies, that's the sticky part.
Even if you have a supportive spouse who encourages you all the way, when you are sitting at the study table or in front of your computer with your assignments and you see your child playing by himself in the corner, who wouldn't be torn in two?

dyanna 1:34 PM  

dat class totally escaped my memory, until you brought it up. Interesting, theory or fact agaknya?

lucky 7:32 PM  

beachbunny : depending on who you marry (which is the tricky part cause you only know WHO you marry after you marry that person hehehe).. the baby part.. i guess that's where sacrifice comes in.. but which one to sacrifice ? predicament....


dyanna: theory of fact? i think its a myth kot.. hehehe

Anonymous 5:52 AM  

I beg to differ. I was a whole lot more interested in the nasik ayam, thank you very much.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP