my tribute : selamat hari guru

>> Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ok selamat petang ye. Tajuk saya harini adalah berkenaan dengan teaching & learning.

I am an academician. And as academicians, sharing and dissimenating knowledge runs in our veins. My mother is now a penchant teacher, she still carries that teacher vibe. My dad used to be a teacher also, also carries the same vibe. And I followed their footsteps venturing in this field. MSO says that I am very patient, that's why I can become a lecturer (tapi adakalanya hilang jugak sabar or paling tak pun, rase nak cubit cubit je).

The places that I went to study contrued very positive teaching & learning experience. In elementary school, I cried when my standard 1 teacher, Mrs. Chong decided to leave the school. I felt a very big loss when our practical teacher, Ms. Aida, left us after she completed her training. The teachers who taught me is a part of MY teaching and learning process. and they have contributed to what I am today. In form 3, I remember I failed my history Mid Term test and teacher made me stand up in class and every body knew I failed the test. Yes, it has effected me so deeply (memalukan weh, dah la 15 years old, baru kenal erti puberty, peer pressure and all those teenage angst). But I studied really hard and I improved a lot. The embarrasment I had to bear resulted in getting straight As and landed me to a very good school. (Terima Kasih Cikgu)

In boarding school, I wasn't the smartest. I was a mediocre, in fact, sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be in that school and it was just luck who had brought me there. Everybody studied like mad and wanted to be a doctor and score 4.00. they walked really fast cause nak kejar masa. And everyone would check on everyone else to see how much they have studied, and if they see me just chilling, they would think that I have studied and would be worried (I really hated that).

My addmaths teacher showed me that maths is very interesting and really easy to understand. and there's always a logic explanation to everything. My physics teacher shared that the subject is in fact a very intriguing phenomenon.. and that every action has an equal an opposite reaction. We had the best Chemistry teacher who always use different colors for different equations. and she will give us motivational quotes and read the do'a before lectures for Allah's blessing. My English teacher, Sir Kamil (Haris, aku tau ko sure tergelak terbahak bahak bila baca ni.. jahat la wei) He still remembers me when I go back to school. He's very genuine and loves to talk. He will talk and talk and talk and laugh by himself. But it had made the class enjoyable. Last but not least, my homeroom teacher. The one everybody feared most because he was the strictest. The one and only computer teacher, En. Fauzi. At 17, we learned a lot. Not just books, but also about life. (Terima Kasih Cikgu)

This is very mean, but I have erased most of the memories during my matriculations. It was when I hated chemistry, loved Physics, discovered Biology but became really bad at maths. (Terima Kasih Cikgu)

In university, we had THE BEST actuarial science lecturers. The coolest and mind blowingly smartest maths and statistics lecturers. They treated us like adults. When they teach, you can see that they are genuine and that they want you to learn.. and when they scold us, is not because of they want to feel great, but because it's for our own good..

But of course, the ones that had accepted me even when they know that I am average, I am truly grateful.

There's a saying in academics, "when you accept a student, you accept the responsibility of not only teaching but helping to shape a human being to be someone better in their future. and this responsibility is in your hands from the first day you see them. you might not see them again, but whatever that they practise of what you teach, you will be rewarded, insha Allah"

These people, inspired me to be a good lecturer / teacher..
I know it's abit late, I only had the time and feel to blog today..

TERIMA KASIH CIKGU.. Jasamu akan dikenang selalu. Tanpa tunjuk ajar dari cikgu, saya tidak akan berada di sini harini..

Selamat Hari Guru to all teachers / lecturers

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP