Sayang kan ?

>> Friday, November 21, 2008

Starts : 1025 PM

Someone once said to me, "Live your life without any regrets".

When I was much younger (mcm dh lame jer hehe), biasalah, budak2 mmg nakal sikit. Sikit jer. I like to try new things (konon experiment) and just break the rules (abit) once in a while (biasalah kot). So, when my students do crazy stuff or just trying to be the young ones they are right now, I kinda know some of their tricks (been there, done that).

However, I do not regret how I lead my life. I am what I am today because of what I was yesterday. So, alhamdulillah. Whatever mistakes I have done before is a lesson for me to learn, probably some bad experiences, or unwise decisions, I have dealt with and learned to live with it. I have never blamed anyone for what had happened to me.

Why this sudden post? See, I am working as an academician. And as an academician, I deal with a lot of people. And most people might say that my work is easy because I just teach. See, that is where people who assume that are wrong. I do not JUST teach, I believe that my responsibility goes beyond that. I am responsible to shape a person, academically. and I believe that I take my job very seriously. I have been a lecturer for about a modest 1 year and 3 months to be precise. And as far as I can remember, I have never regretted venturing in this line.

I always tell my students. "Please, do as I tell you. Don't have any regrets when you see your marks. Don't blame others for what you are responsible for. You have a big responsibility, to learn. and my responsibility is to teach and to guide you. So I take this big task seriously. and I hope you do too." Some take it seriously. Some just don't bother. Some want to but just do not have the strong willpower to do so. Whatever it is, I hope that my students will not have any regrets.

"If only I studied harder"
"If only I submitted my assignments"
"If only I paid attention in class"
"If only.... "

I remind my students and myself as well and the fellow readers.. Please.. have no regrets.. just live your life.. or just.. embrace life.. and just live.. Cause your life is a too precious and a beautiful gift for you to waste..

Please throw away all your regrets.. your negative vibes.. your anger.. your hatred.. your jealousies.. your sadness..

Wouldn't it be a waste if one day you wake up and you realized that all your life has been filled with all those feelings.. and you are old and have lived your life but was never happy.. never vibrant and never lived? Sayang kan ?


Ends : 1045 pm

1 comments:

dyanna 2:32 PM  

"If only" are words useless to be used (huh?) cos they don't make any difference to anything in the past anymore.

Yup, we should always live life with no regrets.. the best way is to not to worry too much about what had happened and move on.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP