my 'Morrie'

>> Friday, April 04, 2008

I'd like to start this post with this...

When you are in difficulty, think of Allah and He will guide you.. Without fail.

I sent a YM msg to Cikyah "I believe in the good". Yes i do. Miraculous things has happened to me this year. Alhamdulillah. and it's April already. Sometimes while driving to work i still think and talk to myself, gosh, is this for real? So i guess THE SECRET was right. if you believe what you want in life, you will get it.

I'm still reading Tuesdays with Morrie. Yup, i'm a slow reader. not because i have difficulty in reading, but i like to indulge and appreciate the words and meaning. i like to imagine and put myself in the book and get into the mood and sometimes play it in my head and really imagine.. the window, the little ray of sunlight through the dusty window, the dusts on the bookshelf, the grey hair, the briefcase, the doors, the garden, the automatic toyota camry, the dawn in winter, the wind with all those autumn leaves falling bit.. everything..

I had my Friday with my Morrie. what he shared with me was something i needed to hear.see, i am very average. i have always been average. my sister once told me that i am plain jane. indeed i am. my sister in law tells me that i am selambe bomba sampai bole gi kedai pakai pajamas je tak kisah pun. yup, that's right. when you've been surrounded by crem de la crem people, it kinda gives you this 'im an average joe' kinda feeling. where everyone walks fast cause their chasing time.. and everybody wants to be a doctor cause it's THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

I guess Morrie was right. We are too confined by the unwritten rules. If amek course ni, nnt senang ke dpt keje? Jadi la doctor, confirm dpt keje.. Engineers are smart people.. Work smart not hard.. all those kinda stuff.. those are myths that the society believes in.. the myths that were implanted in our heads because ITS SAFE and ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. the truth is, some medical students don't even dream of becoming doctors.. they want to become astronauts nowadays.. and perhaps do some modeling and open a restaurant in bangsar one day.. and another thing, engineers are NOT the only ones who are smart.. and being smart doesn't necessarily mean they will succeed in life if they are not hardworking.

Morrie told me, "I said to my supervisor.. came here to work hard.. there are times when i am slow.. there are times when i am fast.. but give me time.. as long as i am moving.. i know i will reach my destination"

He also said "don't be afraid.. when you read and you don't understand its normal.. sometimes you read 10 times and you still don't understand is also normal.. but don't ever give up.. as long as you keep on moving.. you will eventually get there.. don't be afraid to bend the rules and think the unthinkable.. you can create your own rule through exploring and experience... don't ever feel that what you've contributed is little.. because sometimes what you've done could mean so much to someone else.. so don't be afraid of trying...and never ever give up"

As I listened to Morrie's advise, it felt as though what he shared was really deep. What he said was something an average joe or a plain jane needed to hear.. It felt like I was recharging my positive energies and it kinda brought me back to Positive-Land. I guess that's one of the life's greatest lesson a student needs learn..

Thanks Morrie for the advise. I hope we can meet again one day and perhaps, I can share with him my journey in reaching my own destiny..

4 comments:

dyanna 12:21 AM  

good book to read.. i feel like reading it again.

wey, remember I told you abt the books a bought from India (yg cetak rompak tu?). One of it is titled; The Secret of The Secret (hehehe..) and ntah la somehow dia smash The Secret pulak..ckp itu ini. poyo giler. I shud stop reading it.

mangchikla 2:43 PM  

Err, morrie tu sape? Mekasih.

lucky 11:09 PM  

hehehe.. Morrie di sini adalah my Prof.

mangchikla 12:13 PM  

Hmm.. Small world , a "Morrie" embedded inside as well

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP