my first Montag in Mannheim (monday in mannheim)

>> Monday, June 29, 2009

German word of the day is Anmelden, means, Sign In.

Yes, i figured it out here cause everthing is in German. The google.com.de instead of google.com.my, the keyboard (I am still having a hard time finding the DEL, CTRL and SHIFT key and sometimes confuse the Y and the Z and they have this ß, ö, ä, ü). I had a hard time installing JAVA cause everything was in german.. It took me awhile to take out $ from the ATM machine cause Ikhwan had to assist me, the tv channels are all in German except CNN.. even the instructions to the curry powder are in german :) hehe I laughed and thought gosh, Guten Tag, Danke and bitte schön are just nanobytes of the German language.. and I really wanna learn more now :) it's exciting!

It's amazing. Living in a foreign land, with a foreign language and everything else is foreign except your other half who understands what your saying.. I still sometimes pinch myself (literally). Alhamdulillah..

We still have a bit of jet lagged, and sometimes the occassional homesick kicks in. But thanks to Ikhwan's Voipstunt, I call home on average 2 times a day to check on Mama Papa and sometimes ask Mama on how to cook curry or to manage kitchen things (which I am learning very hard now). No complaints from Ikhwan so far. And knowing him, he doesn't complain. Now that I am staying with him and understanding his life over here, I learned why he doesn't complain. This experience opened my eyes on how we should really be thankful with what we have. And Alhamdulillah.. Things could be worse.. But Allah is generous to bless us with what we have now. I am not just saying it because he is my husband and the bunga bunga cinta talk, I know him for how many years, though through very distant but we talk a lot and we understand and trust each other. People who know him knows that he doesn't complain. That's just Ikhwan. One of the many reasons why I love him.

Yes, married life in a foreign land. I am still coping and learning. Sometimes I feel like it's orientation when he shows me how to use the coffee machine, how to do the laundry, or showing me around places or what to do when what happens. Hehe. There are times that I feel like a freaking Asean tourist (which I am apparently) with 1 DSLR camera and a very good compact camera with 2 batteries (yes I know I am a freak). I get that occassional weird look which I am starting to get used to. I am loving every German thing and I will say, 'Omigod, that is sooooo German!!!' and of course he will roll his eyes and shake his head.. hehehe..

People will ask me, 'how's married life?' (usually the ones who are married) and me being naive will tell them what I feel. Some will give advices, some will just grin and give me they 'yeah this is only the beginning' look. It's hard to comprehend what people have in their minds when they throw me those questions. Are they just waiting to rub it in to my face ? Are they genuinely happy for me ? Are they waiting for me to give them an answer that they really wanna hear ? Honestly, I think that people should not ask someone on how's their marriage life is like. Because in Islam, and to me, personally, I feel that it's very personal. And I believe that whatever a person share with their other half is only between the two of them.

So yes, it's been a few weeks. And I don't know much about this new life but give me a chance to explore and learn and experience. And I think the best of people to give advice to us are our parents. Because they raised us from day one. They are the ones who know us, our actions, the way we think and the way we handle any situation. and the best part is.. They have never asked us 'how's married life?' because I know at every prayer, they pray for us.. Thanks Mama, Papa, Mak and Ayah :)

I know I promised a lot of pictures but give me time to edit it first ok.. Cikyah shared with me a very interesting lesson in photography she learned from Sifu Foo, 'there's always a story to be told in every picture. You must concentrate and think very hard on what story you want to tell and click with your heart'


what's the story behind this picture ?

Bis später! Auf Wieder sehen people :)

5 comments:

dyanna 5:41 PM  

The picture is spot on ikut rule of thirds. If you add some words at the side, boleh jadi cam advert of some kind or desktop wallpaper.

I think it tells us that you can find something special if you look hard enough, even in the dirt. Don't underestimate your circumstances, you'll be suprised with what you can find. Betul tak?

Keep up the good work! So many things to snap pics of!!

Selamat memasak ayam tu.

Muslimah Perth 5:53 PM  

eh man,sorry i asked how's married life..takde niat pun nak dgr jwpn2 buruk, sebab sebenarnya mcm tak tau nak tanya apa, (i missed ur wedding) and the latest thing about u is that u r married, so i guess maybe most people ask u that question because their reasons could be like mine kot. lagipun to me, if people ask, i would say so far so good la kot. i don't think people want to hear bad things pun (at least not me lah). and maybe people genuinely care about u ker? i dunno but takpela, i respect the fact that u don't like it, so next time i won't ask anymore :)

lucky 8:06 PM  

dyanna : thanks! yes i did apply the rule of the thirds and i think the caption that u gave was just perfect! i was thinking more like.. 'lets drink to the moment' hehehe

sheri : omg, i understand u man.. takde, its just that ada some people who ask dgn harapan i ckp all those bunga2 answers and then they will say something like.. yeah awal2 mmg la best.. tunggu la lps setahun dua.. disebabkan terlalu ramai ckp mcmtu, so i guess susah nak distinguish man.. however, there are some special friends who are genuinely happy for me which i really appreciate.. i know ur not those kinds bebe ;) and i wish that u could come to my wedding.. seriously... miss u a lot!!!!

dillhanim 9:32 PM  

accidentally stumbled upon ur blog and have been an avid reader eversince.. tak sangka you end up dok kat german jugak.. viel Spaß wünsche ich dir noch..


salam kenal dari saar,
~dilla

lucky 12:53 PM  

salam dillhanim.. hey thanks for dropping by.. kalu ada rezeki bole la jalan2 sama k.. email me kalu kalu free, or YM.. lyricaldj@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP