khaled's stories

>> Friday, September 04, 2009


'When you fall you will rise'

That's on my FB status now. Of course people would comment. Most active follower I know for sure would be my sister.

I guess God wants me to rest for a bit now. I know that He knows.

What's good out of it is that I get to indulge in one of the greatest novels ever written. Ikhwan mentioned quite a number of times about 'The Kite Runner'. So I decided that it's a good book to invest on.

I read word by word, quenching my thirst of new ideas. Transforming every sentence to emotion. Visualizing and connecting to what Khaled Hosseini had beautifully written.

I am a slow reader. And I read slowly while diving myself to the world of imagination. A tear dropped. and another. and another.

This guy is really good.I will put this book as a must read, at least once in a lifetime.

Next in line is 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'

2 comments:

dyanna 1:39 PM  

Agree.. this is a Must Read book. Everyone must read it. Along with other great books such as Tuesdays with Morrie and The Alchemist. But sometimes, the mind needs a rest and only then start to read Twilight and perhaps New Moon for temporary brain damage :P

lucky 11:51 AM  

u know, i stopped reading alchemist. tatau apesal.. but im 3/4 finishing the kite runner.. sometimes belek2 jugak end of the book.. hehehe

i have twiling, still fresh and nice on my shelf, brought it to germany and brought it back :p still at page 1 though.. my bad :p

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP