black-eye Ps

>> Friday, September 04, 2009

Im starring in a new drama. The main character would be me. and the storyline is interesting because there are 3 plots, my work, my personal life and my life with Ikhwan.

At work would be me handling kids at school (university) with various acts. Sometimes I would feel like Michelle Pfieffer (spelling) in Dangerous Minds. Or Coach Carter in Coach Carter. Personal life would be things that I consider time for myself and for my family and friends.. and last but never the least, a huge part of my life would be life with Ikhwan. Though we are physically apart, but we make time for each other.

So this week's episode of my life would be what happened to me starting Wednesday night. See, I gave my students a proving problem (which I LOVE to do but students dont). The question was simple :

If X follows a normal distribution, using the moment generative function, prove that the sample mean of X follows the sampling distribution of the mean. Easy right ?

Wrong. I just tried to solve it and got stuck at the McLaurin series (which I dread to do soo much). I started to regret giving them the problem.

However, remember the genius prodigy ? He managed to solve it by giving me four pieces of the solution. Complete with all the McLaurin series, differentiation, and i saw he used limits too. Yes, the mathematical approach.

When actually, the solution only took about 8 lines.

So on Wednesday night, I brought back all my statistical inference text books and studied really hard for the Thursday class. I have full 6 hours straight of statistics class on Thursday. A challenge to my patience and physical ability especially in Ramadhan. To top it off, it was my turn to drive. Plus, I was staying up for the 830 class.

1130 pm, I was online with Ikhwan (yes the other part of my life that I mentioned). We chatted for abit and he asked me to sleep. 'Ok' I said. Yes, I intended to sleep. But my hands were doing the cha-cha dance on the A4 papers and my mind were intrigued by the fact that I was gonna teach them Order Statistics. A part in Sampling Distribution that most people hated most (me too, once) but I mastered it beautifully. Each and every formula, steps, integration, distribution and range were nicely solved. And I realized it was 1am. Gasps! Oh no.!

So I woke up at 5 for sahur. And couldnt sleep much later on. By 7am, I was already late. I turned up my engine and decided to go to the loo before my long journey. I wore purple that day. Purple hijab, black blouse and my new purple Espirit sweater I bought at Metzingen. It is my current favourite color now.

Suddenly, it all happened so fast. I slipped. My head hit the wall, my knee hit the John and my legs hit the opposite of the other wall (small toilet). And just like that, I was once again lying on the floor of my bathroom. My mom heard me said, 'Adoiiiii' and she knocked on the toilet door and asked if I was ok. I just kept quiet as my head was spinning like a record. For a solid 1 minute. I just laid there. And thought, 'Really? Again? This is happening to me.. again? Really?'

I managed to get up and thought I could still make it to work. I imagined the prodigy, the students faces, getting ready for class. I just couldn't let them down. But I also saw in the mirror. There was a big bruise on my forehead that looked like a pingpong ball. And I was not a nice view.

2 minutes later, I was on my bed and my mom gave me a cold compressor. 1 hour later, I woke up from sleep and realized my whole body was aching. I saw my back, and they were black-blue. And it's still there. I woke up and tried walking. Thankfully, I could walk. Just not properly.

Doctor said my blood pressure is low. And I should see him if I vomit as it could be internal injury. As for now, I am just lying on my bed at home, with a black eye (the blood clog has come down as the doctor said it would), reading and enjoying my latest book collection, The Kite Runner, and at times, facebooked abit for some quizzes.

Some drama. Hmm, 3rd time I fell in the toilet this year. 6th time I fell in two years. It's not them, it's me.

There must be some good out of this. There must. I believe it.

** Bb, I'm sorry I didn't sleep when u asked me to.. :( the math was taking over me... thanks for the love and prayers.. hugss bb **

1 comments:

shazzain 4:39 PM  

AGAIN Dora???!!! I'm speechless..anyways...get well soon!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP