water over wine ?

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009

I gave this unknown theory to some of my friends. Today I found out that the theory I gave was inaccurate. Sorry. Instead of 72 hours to take action from when you want to start something, its supposed to be 48 hours (sorry cikyah, wrong info). Please refer to Dr. Fazilah Kamsah on this.

Speaking of Dr. FK, I love to watch his motivational series on OASIS. Since we don't have astro anymore, I only get the chance to watch it when I go to my sister's place or my brother's house. So I was watching it today before iftar, and an interesting quote caught my attention. 'Rasulullah SAW tidak suka pada orang yang berputus asa. Syaitan gemar dengan orang yang berputus asa.'

Giving up. A word that has never been in my dictionary. People who are really close to me would know that I am a very optimistic person, even when the odds seem ridiculous. My tag line would be, 'I will find ways' when at times the roads may look like a dead end. What amazes me most is that God works in mysterious and miraculous ways. And somehow, I worked my way through with the help of Allah. Yes, Allah is always with me. Allah is always with us. Through thick and thin. Prof Razak, a mathematician, a mentor to others and a fellow Muslim shared this and I will remember it always. 'Allah is always with us. When you start anything, you say, bismillah. When you are in doubt, you say, insha Allah.. When you are grateful, you say, Alhamdulilah. Thats what makes Muslims closer to our Creator.'

I consider myself a secrative person. Boleh laa.. my posts are not always about daily things or updates on my life..(only just recently) sometimes its more of a thought of what has happened or something that I would like to think or ponder upon. After trusting the wrong people, its hard for me to share things that are too personal. Some things are better left unsaid. I don't blame them. I blame myself for being too naive and having the wrong judgment call. But there's always something that I can learn from the experience. From that experience, I believe that trust is something that must be gained. It is the total opposite from respect. A person will have my respect until he/she does something to lose it. Simple yet strong words. Trust and respect. Those are strong fundamentals in any relationship. Student - teacher, mother - daughter, father - mother, friend - friend, husband - wife.

I'd like to quote from Dr. FK, 'Allah turunkan musibah kerana Dia menyayangi kita. And tidak mahu kita berputus asa. Kerana di hujungnya, Allah akan menghadiahkan kita dengan nikmat dan rahmat' Cant remember the exact words but that's what he meant.

So maybe when you see someone living a good live and starting to have envious thoughts or comparing your live with them, think for awhile. What that person has gone through to be where he / she is now. The hardships, the sacrifices, the difficulties. They might not share it.. simply because perhaps it was too painful or personal.

I don't memorize versus and quote from them, I wish I could though. Perhaps my knowledge is like a tiny stone in the middle of the ocean. But I learned from experience, mine, and others.. All apologies if this post might have offended anyone. I am just another blogger, with thoughts coming in the middle of the night.

Just take things one step at a time, and everything will be ok cause I know He listens to every thoughts and prayers...

Having said all that, would you choose, water over wine to hold the wheel and drive.. (think really deep. the meaning)

*p/s : i wanted to make the post title 'all apologies' by nirvana but i thought 'water over wine' is wayy cooler, dont u think ?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP