on the radio

>> Friday, August 07, 2009

Today's topic on mix.fm was "can a friendship turn into a relationship or marriage?"

I soo wanted to call them but I was driving to work nanti excited sangat bercerita tak concentrate on driving lak. Which is very dangerous and irresponsible.

So here's my story (bare with me ok, I am 11,000kms apart from my husband).
When we were 16 - 17 years old, I knew that Ikhwan existed (cause he was budak KL) and he knew that I existed (katanya ada perempuan nama Dora, cool name. Dia yang ckp ok.. hehehe). Perhaps we might berselisih at the classroom corridor without realizing that one day we will be married. In 1999, we became cyber friends and always chat (zaman zaman IRC.. kelakar tol hehehe). He would passionately tell me that he hates Siti Nurhaliza hehehe. And somewhere along the conversation, I felt that hey we connected. And everytime he was online, he would chat with me. We hung out a few times with other friends and once I did a birthday party and he came over to my house. Of course we did not talk much. And that was it.

A few years later, Ikhwan msged me on friendster . Hi. It's me Ikhwan. Remember me? We used to chat a lot after SPM. I was surprised that he remembered me and thought, 'lame dah tak contact mamat tu eh. dah kat German dah dia.' I checked out his profile and I couldn't recognize him cause he looked so different. That was it.

Suddenly in August 2005, he msged me again asking me if we can hang out for coffee. And I said ok. So for almost 7 years, finally we meet. And from just a friend, we developed a beautiful friendship that blossomed to a relationship and now we are married :)

Being a couple
It was not easy, sometimes internet is just not enough. We would call each other and talk for hours and scream everytime we look at the bill. The 6 sometimes 7 hours difference allowed us only to talk on odd hours since both of us were studying at that time. When we both started working, was a more challenging time but we managed to get through it.

How he proposed
On 10/08/08, we were driving to The Curve after a kenduri at his house. And before reaching the LDP toll, he finally proposed :) a place and time that I never expected at all. hehehehe

Engagement
We had a simple engagement on 16/08/09 (nisfu sya'aban), since we wanted to save $ for the wedding. Just his parents and my family. And a ring sebagai tanda chup. hehehe. I wore blue :)

Preparation for wedding
Since Ikhwan was in Germany after the engagement and till 3 weeks before the wedding, I was the designated shopper for both of the hantarans (which I loved to do) hehehe.

Akad Nikah
Alhamdulillah on 13/6/09 (no significant meaning to the date, just that was the only date that was available for both of us since we are both working) at 11.04, he lafazed his akad with just one lafaz :)

Reception
Reception was held at Dewan Felda Merak Kayangan and a week after was at Dewan Beringin Seri Gombak.

Honeymoon
We went to Krabi Island and had a nice relaxed time. And I took a semester off to follow him to Germany. We also went to Paris for his birthday and had a great time :)

Back to reality
We are continents apart but I think of him every second of everyday. Any ways possible to get in touch, we will find it. Since both of us sedang mencari rezeki, so we just have to be patient for now and pray hard that Allah will give us strength for these few months.

Plans for the future
Yes, to answer all your questions, I will go there to be with him. Just counting days. And of course, I would want my family to come and visit us :)

So to answer mix.fm's question, yes, a friendship really can blossom to a beautiful relationship.. and if you're lucky, sometimes marriage :)

ich liebe dich von ganzem Herzen, meine Mann Ikhwan

oh yes, at 12:34:56 today will be 12:34:56 7/8/9. A historical time :)

5 comments:

Muslimah Perth 10:49 AM  

you didn't mention your first wedding reception that you attended together *grinning* ;p

shazzain 11:12 AM  

nicely written...

niSamiR 1:15 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
niSamiR 1:16 PM  

hey...we had alomost the same history Dora...both of us ( me and amir )started with that IRC-batch 7 remember??.. then with that YM and MSN but u know it was not really healthy since easily to get miscommunication right..???so cute anyway...wish you all cepat2 got Tepen babiesss too....;)

dieya 4:05 PM  

dj, i serious thot u n ikhwan hv been an item since taiping! rupa2 nya chenta berputik di irc #batch7 ya ;-)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP