Big Bands and Swing

>> Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have always adored and admired the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Wouldn't it be nice to have their convenience, their comfort, having almost everything possible under the sun.

Why the sudden materialistic side of me popped out? I am right now listening to Glenn Miller's Big Band Sounds. I imagine myself suddenly in a foreign land and suddenly its 1954. (cewah tiba2) I am getting ready to go to catch the live show at some fancy orchestral hall that starts at 8.. with my last touch up make up powder, I grab my pashmina shawl to keep me warm in the hall. The limo arrives and my significant other passes me the white gloves and walks with me to the limo.

cocktails before the show, i listen to people laughing and gentleman dressed in a 3-piece suit and lovely ladies in their gowns and dresses with the high heels complete with diamonds. and don't forget that diamond necklace that shines from far.

i see our own version of Marilyn Monroe (cewah.. ntah dari mana datangnya) and she wears a lovely white dress and her hair is nicely done with curls and a dangling pair of ear ring that matches nicely with her necklace and handbag. she is being surrounded by men on each side. giggling and making innuendos to other people's husband that makes other ladies gag. I shake my head and the show is about to start. people walking towards the entrance and checking their tickets for their seats. The ones who has the most expensive tickets walks confidently in front to the VIP door..

i take my seat next to my significant other and the lights dim. I close my eyes and hear the soothing sound of Moonlight Serenade that gently brings me back to my office in Batang Berjuntai where i am wearing a baju kurung with a stack of papers to be checked.. back to reality....

would be nice if i cud see Glenn Miller though...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP