Lost In Translation

>> Monday, October 27, 2008

The ones who can communicate well are the ones who can convey the message to others as clear as possible. without having people asking "apa yg dia ckp?" . if more than one person asks the same question, that would mean the speaker did not convey the message clearly.

I went to a course yesterday and a speaker spoke of "kejelasan penjelasan". which made me laugh like a hyenna. heh heh.. interesting stuff.. even though towards the end, there were less than 25 people who stayed. lucky for me, i stayed till the end. not because i am skema or what, i feel that its unfair for people who has already worked hard for organizing the seminar, we should be thankful that we gained more knowledge through such events.

there's just one thing that bothers me though. i am right now, lost, in translation. i guess, most of the time i try so hard to be as clear as possible, that it becomes something that is so abstract and in the end, i myself get lost. really i do. so i have decided to be on hiatus on my thoughts and translations that got me lost at the first place. i wanna untangle the entangled bit and rationalize the irrational misconception concepts. "kejelasan penjelasan".

i remember things were much easier in the 80s. see. thats one of my flaws. i am still living in the past. and i look to far above and beyond. i don't really 'live' in the present. i admit that that is one of my weaknesses that took me to a turn into getting lost.. in translation.

no matter how clear you are, how certain you may be, you might just get lost somewhere in the middle.. somewhere through this journey. i tell my students.. those are called alpha.. or Type 1 error in hypothesis testing. see, in statistics, one powerful tool to analyze is using hypothesis testing when you make and assumption and allow a certain level of errors cause you are never 100% sure of your assumptions.

So what to do now? Is there evidence to Reject H null ?
Gosh, just for this one bit, i do not have the answer...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP