what Adrian said hit me

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm back in KL. Part of me is happy to be home surrounded by my family but a huge part of me is back in Mannheim, Deutchland. During our trip to Paris (which I have yet to blog about), we met a Canadian guy, Adrian and now keeping in touch. He said and I quote, It's kind of weird to be home. Back to reality can be strange. But that's life. It kinda hit me hard.

I couldn't agree more. The first thing I did when I landed at KLIA was switched on my hp only to find that my Maxis has been barred, so I used Ikhwan's prepaid to call him. Traveling alone for 11,000 km was something new to me. I am just getting used to the airport procedures, since my trip to Singapore and Krabi recently. Jarang jarang la naik kapal terbang ni.. I used to travel a lot with my family back in the 90s. But I was like what.. 10 ? All I could think about was chocolates and keychains and souvenirs from foreign land. I couldn't be bothered where my passport was, or if I had enough cash in case of emergency.. and laptops and handphones ? what are those ???

My dear loving husband waited till I passed the imigration and waved at me with a half hearted smile on his face. We both knew that this is gonna be the longest 6 months ever before we said our goodbyes with almost felt like neverending hugs and kisses. Tears were falling from both of my eyes from Frankfurt Airport all the way to Calcutta, India I think. The German guy who sat next to me glanced at me a few times but I couldnt care any less. Of course I took all my meals, even with the peanuts. Malaysia Airlines is a lot better since the 90s. But travelling alone, especially when u just got married, after having a very long honeymoon and a taste of life together, the wait to hear his voice again felt like forever. It was the longest 12 hours.

Going to the loo was a big challenge since I was sitting next to the window, I had to wait for the German guy to wake up before asking him if I could pass through. And yeah, I had my laptop in the handluggage but Ikhwan said, tawakal je lah. And so I did just that. Alhamdulillah everything went well, the flight to KL was smooth, not much turbulance as it was going to Frankfurt. However, it felt safe having Ikhwan next to me even with the turbulance going on.

So here I am, on my desk in my room with my table lamp and notes and laptop. wishing that Ikhwan was here or I was there with him.

That's life. leider nicht sehr gut, for now. perhaps a better tomorrow and days after. counting days.. counting days..

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP