my musical

>> Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year people! Yes, we get ourselves a fresh new planner, diary. we open up a new page. another blank page. and hopefully it shall be written with full of wonderful memories just like 2008. We start with zero, fresh and everything nice.

As for me, 1st January started early and late at the same time. I had the previous post scheduled to be posted on 12.01 am, the first minute of a new year. Of course I celebrated with MSO but during the countdown, the net was really poor and I had to go to the loo. And as I walked out of the toilet, I heard fireworks (dari The Curve agaknya). How I wish I could see the fireworks but I just cannot bear the jam and the crowd. Takpelah. Being at home with your loved ones is not bad at all :) we spent almost 2 hours chatting and he had to go out for dinner and celebrate his new year (7 hour difference).

I woke up at 645 for Subuh prayers and sent him an sms (just nice before his new year) and continued sleeping. I opened my eyes again at almost 1030 and like a zombie I had my breakfast. Had a chit chat with Kak Farah over breakfast and she was telling my types of diamond stones and certificates (interesting). At 11, it all started... I started packing..

For what ? you might ask. I will be moving out real soon.
To where ? you might ask again. Out of my house le.
But why ? (yes, i see you in the red shirt back there asking yourself) We're gonna betulkan the bumbung and atap of our house.

I came to know that I have LOADS of bajus and tudungs and anak tudungs and undergarments. seriously. itu wardrobe. And at this very moment, I still have about 40% packing and clearing up to do. So to make my activity less boring, I decided to put on a DVD. Since I have been watching season 6 of Scrubs, and I find the episode The Musical rather interesting, I chose Sound of Music (one of the 11 DVDs I bought in JB).

Yep. I am an oldie person. MSO always say that I am an ol'skool chic. I watch Grease, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, listen to The Beatles, Bananarama, Guns & Roses, Def Leppard, big bands and swing music, The Beach Boys (sigh~ those were the days).

So there I was, sitting in the middle of my room basically drowning in a pile of clothes, and singing to ".. the hills are alive... with the sound of music..... " and to my surprise, my room was filled with Kakfarah, Abg Amir and my dad, (my mom jengok gak kekdg) and we all watched the sound of music.. heheh especially the part where they sang My Favourite Things.
[Confession : This is still my favourite song, I listen to it everyday on my way to work from my MP3]

"..girls in white dresses and blue satin sashes... snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes.. silver white winters that melt into spring.. these are a few of my favourite things"



Sigh.. And I wonder.. If only our lives were a musical.. How would it be like....?

jreng jreng jreng... (bunyi lagu yang imagine tu)

Dora : (singing) Mamaaaaaa.... where do I put these boxes.......... ?
Mama : (singing) Just put them over there............
Dora : (singing) I think I still want this Dockers.....
Mama : (singing) Do you think you can still wear......(long)............ (not singing) them.

[Imagination ni saja dibuat supaya the song will rhyme]

I find it funny yet entertaining when everytime I watch a musical, someone from somewhere will pop out and continue the next phrase or verse.. and suddenly you have a group of people unanimously singing the chorus and having the same dance step choreographed so perfectly and when the song finishes, everybody just stop and continue what they were doing as though nothing happened... and suddenly after a few moments, the lead singer will sing just a line or two as the closing while his/her hands open widely into the air.

if only our lives were a musical..

2 comments:

dyanna 1:07 AM  

LOL! Musicals in real life might not be as bizzare as hindi movies coming to life. Imagine the villagers suddenly comes and flock around you dancing choreographically to the tabla beats, roll-roll kat bukit, sampai kat bawah dah tukar baju kaler lain.

lucky 9:34 PM  

i would like to experience that one day.. hehehe especially with my students.. perhaps I can do a high school musical bit ;p

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP