my tribute : kissing an angel

>> Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today I feel a little better compared to yesterday. In fact, I feel much much better, even. Alhamdulillah. I will think more than 100 time before complaining about my health nowadays since I consider myself lucky.

Today for the first time, I saw the face of baby Amir Yusuf in one of the blogs that I avidly follow. And the writer has written it so beautifully, he never fails to make me shed a tear every time I read it. Amir Yusuf is not just like any other angels brought to earth.. He has special powers. The power is his strength. Everytime I read it, I will think of my late nephew, arwah Rafiq who had special powers too...

Arwah Rafiq left us on the 5th of Ramadhan in 2007. It has been 18 months since he had left us but sometimes I feel his presence. Baby Rafiq suffered from Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1. But he was strong from the very first day dat I met him in Miri, Sarawak. Baby Rafiq also had special powers. He was very very strong.

When both he and me were admitted to the hospital in 2007, while he was covered with wayars and suction machines, I, on the other hand complained about how I wished to be at home where it felt much more comfortable and I hated having to face the nurses and doctors waiting for me to swallow pills as big as an eraser which I really hated to do. But I guess for Rafiq, comfortable to him was just being able to breathe normally even having wayars all over his body. That was good enough.. After watching how he suffered and still able to smile even on the last day when he was with us, made me realize how fragile life is and how we should not take things for granted..

Everyday I am thankful for being healthy and alive.. Even when I get sick once in a while.. I am still able to breath normally, alhamdulillah.

After watching baby Amir Yusuf, it made me miss the little times I had spent with baby Rafiq who is at the gates of heaven waiting for his parents while listening to all Allah's secrets.. He is simply terlalu istimewa..

Al Fatihah to my dear late nephew, Rafiq Danish Amir

** Kepada Saudara Fajar, if you happen to stop by my blog, I sincerely hope Amir Yusuf will recover soon. I guess now you know why I always follow your entries and how much I can relate kot.. Even though I am not a parent (not just yet), I've seen how strong lil angels can be.. So, have faith to Allah and be strong during these hard times.. it may be weird that we have never met and probably staying continents apart, but the its amazing that the internet had led me to your blog so I guess there must be a reason for it.. my thoughts are with you and your family, insyaAllah.. kisses for baby Amir Yusuf who has such a wonderful name and an amazing strength..

6 comments:

Muslimah Perth 4:30 PM  

babe...sedih.. :(, i was almost moved to tears

lucky 11:01 PM  

babe.. i was too when posting that entry... :(

dyanna 10:06 PM  

I'm am so touched by this entry. I'm grateful that I had the chance to meet baby Rafiq last time when I stayed at your house even for a short while.

closetmuslimah 1:19 PM  

a

closetmuslimah 1:26 PM  

I am so touched by the way you remember Rafiq..He is indeed the most wonderful baby in the world..i could never stop loving and missing him every single minute in my life..he's the best gift from god to me & abg Amir..and though he is not here to feel our love, we have always-always imagine our life with him around..how he would have hug & kiss us whenever he sees us sad, how he would beg us for toys whenever we bumped into toy's shop, how he would stop the fight between Fahim & farhan when both of them are at Opah's hse..cause i believe that if he's still around, he would touch everyone's heart with his love & joy...he is still very much alive in my heart...he is my strength and the reason for me to live the life i am now..

fajar 2:33 AM  

salam

thank you very much. no words could express how i feel right now, especially reading something that deeply touched my heart.

again, thank you. moga Allah memperkenankan doa kita. amin

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP