Some of the greatest quotes about LOVE

>> Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all. - Alfred Tennyson

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. - Amy Bloom

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. - Anais Nin

The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of. - Blaise Pascal

Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone. - C.S Lewis

Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing. - Elie Wiesel

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. - Friedrich Nietzsche

To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved. - George Macdonald

There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand

Love is only half the illusion; the lover, but not his love, is deceived. - George Santayana

If I know what love is, it is because of you. - Herman Hesse

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each others dreams, we can be together all the time. - Calvin & Hobbes

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear. - John Lennon

Love vanquishes time. To lovers, a moment can be eternity, eternity can be the tick of a clock. - Mary Parrish

Where there is love there is life. - Gandhi

The best love affairs are those we never had. - Norman Lindsay

Do you love me because I'm beautiful, or am I am beautiful because you love me? - Oscar Hammerstein

The first duty of love is to listen. - Paul Tillish

I love you
Not only for what you are
But for what I am
When I am with you - Roy Croft ** My personal favourite :)

Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young. - Sir Arthur Pinero

Where there is love, there is pain. - Spanish Proverb

Love all, trust a few. - Shakespeare

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP