This is why some people don't succeed in business

>> Monday, May 01, 2006

Everytime I go to Sg.Wang or Low Yat, there's a story to tell. Usually, a bad one.. I have experienced a lot of things with different people and different sales person.

A few months back, I bought a laptop at a computer fair in KL Convention Centre. This Malay salesguy was very persuasive and I caved in. I bought this Acer AMD using my credit card as I needed it to do my project and assignments for my postgraduate. To my surprise, I couldn't use my USB port. I had to connect it to a USB hub whenever I needed to connect my pendrive or my printer or to upload pictures from my digital camera. I still could tolerate that. And I thought, well, as long as I can still use it, its okay.

But since Ikhwan bought for me my MP3 player for my birthday present, I couldn't use a USB hub to connect it as it'll make the transfer slower and I was afraid that it could spoil my mp3 player. So I decided to go to meet the guy that sold me this laptop. And since it's still under warranty, I figured that any problems, they can still fix it without any cost.

As usual, he was promising. I had asked for a receipt but he didnt give me. He was rather distracted when I approached him. Talking on the phone with his girlfriend, yuck! He told me that it'll b ready by 6.00.. I came back and 6.30 only to find out that he hasnt even started doing what he was supposed to do!

All the mocking and swearing was in my head, and he said, it'll take about another 15 minutes. So fine. It's okay.. Another 15 minutes wouldnt hurt.. I waited till it was almost and hour!

And what did I find out? He had send my laptop to another shop to fix it! And on top of that, I had to pay RM40.00!

I was very upset. And this is why:-

1. He had promised that he could finish the work in 1 hour or at most 1 hour and 30 minutes.
He had not delivered his promise. I don't mind if it took him 2 days, he could've told me upfront that it might take awhile rather than give me promises.

2. When I came back at 6, he hasn't even started yet and when he accused me that it was MY fault as I had assigned a password on my laptop.. HEllo??? He could've asked me upfront for my password. HE saw me typing my password, why didn't he asked me?

3. When I asked him why he didn't asked me, he said he could not contact me. HE COULD'VE ASKED FOR MY NUMBER! THAT'S WHY I ASKED FOR A RECEIPT OR SOME ACKNOWLEDGMENT SO THAT I CAN WRITE MY PARTICULARS IN THEM.

4. He had the guts to yell at us (me and azlina) saying that it's all our fault. And he asked is RM40 too expensive? He said, we weren't thankful that he had helped us.

Well, he didn't deserve our thankyous.. because he didnt even have the decency to apologize. This is one sick bastard with an ego as thick as the great wall of china.

We would've cooled off if he had said sorry. or admit that it was his fault instead of putting the blame on us. He just lost himself a customer..

You see, this is why some people don't succeed in business. If he keeps on with that attitude, I won't be surprised if his shop goes bankrupt.

It don't want to be racist. But its really sad, when you want to help your own skincolor, and it turns out shitty. They don't know that the customer is always right. And I swear that I will never ever go to his shop again. And if I happen to passby his shop and I see a few customers, I'll warn them about their rude customer service policy.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP