moral of the story : jgn curi parking org or main honk2

>> Friday, December 12, 2008

What's cool about working where I work (although its damn far) is that when Selangor cuti, we all pun cuti. So yesterday, we had our 1 day cuti and to those who wants a long weekend would take today off. or who would want the whole week off, took Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday off (like most people in my office, that's why I am alone here).

So I took the opportunity to settle my errands (actually most of my errands dah settle tggal satu ni jer). I went to the post office near Petronas TTDI , dekat2 Persiaran Maarof tu (the nearest post office to PJ that was open sbb KL area). It took me quite some time to locate a parking space. Since the post office is situated near Petronas, semua orang nak park kat Petronas. After making 3 rounds (lalu Maybank belah kanan, Secret Recipe, pusing at KFC and passby Santai), I finally saw a parking space betul2 in front of the post office entrace.

Yes!

And at the very moment I wanted to flick my right hand to make a signal, suddenly out of no where, a red proton saga dengan penuh selamba zaaasss took my parking space while giving me that ko pehal??? look. (tanda ??? kena repeat 3kali for attitude)

OMG!! WTF??

I was dumbfounded. flabbergasted. perplexed. astounded. semua lah. in simple words, terkedu because some idiot just took my parking space.

and during that 3 seconds of terkejutness, a lady who had a mix-mat salleh look driving a dark blue 5 series BMW gave me a honk that made me jump a little sambil melatah, OH mak ngkau!. She also gave me that Oi cepat la sket!!! look. (tanda !!! kena repeat 3kali for attitude jugak)

Damn you woman! baru je 3 saat. sabar la. orang nak masuk gear 1 ni. but probably it felt like 3 hours to her, looking at the the way she was driving, mcm tengah kejar something jer, kejar masa kot.

So, ok la. in my heart I was saying this Sabar Dora sabar. But in actual fact i was cursing away. Finally I decided to park my car kat depan rumah2 by Persiaran Maarof. Saman kena ke tak? Gamble la.. lagi pun bukannya lama pun (so I thought).

I walked to the post office about 253 steps from my parking space (i have really small steps) and I saw a lot of people hanging out by the door.

MasyaAllah punya lah ramai orang! So I pressed "A" for Kaunter Pelbagai and look at my number.

Your number is 1252.
The current number is 1162.
Please take a seat and we will attend to you shortly. (90 org beza? shortly, you say?)

Hm, take a seat ? where? the post office was packed with all walks of people. tua, muda, bertongkat, people with really cool pda phones, girls with sunglasses (must be hot in the post office), oh and yes.. I saw the guy who took my parking space (wah syoknya dpt tempat duduk) and the BMW lady who honked at me (constantly looking at her watch, probably a Rolex, ye, ada ciri2 mengejar masa).

Sigh. I saw an empty seat at the very front row in front of Kaunter Pelbagai 2 (for some reason, people rather stand than sitting at the front row).

Ting. Satu Satu Enam Tiga (1163).

Yeay, lagi 89 orang to go! hmm... I sat holding my handbag and looked at the counters anxiously. Nape la tak bawak something to read. At that moment I was hungry (as always), perplexed, anxious and just bored. I didn't wanna look like some girl waiting for another 89 people before her turn, so I buat2 busy dengan mengeluarkan my pink Motorola Razr and text Din.

Nape la pos ofis kat ttdi ni ramai sgt? lagi 90 org.. mane2 aku gi ramai org.

Suddenly I remembered, I had that German for Dummies book I carry in my bag since forever. So I took it out and tried to kill my time reading it. I finished a page and then
Ting. I quickly look at my number and heard the words saying Satu Satu Enam Empat (1164). Sigh..

Suddenly, I realized that I needed to fill the form to take the rebate, so I asked around and took the form and head back to my seat and started to fill it up. As I was taking my time slowly writing, a lady about late 50s (LAL 50) who looked like a pension high school teacher probably taught BM or English asked me,

LAL 50 : Dik, semua orang ambik borang apa tu?

Dora : Borang untuk Road Tax rebate makcik. Kena isi borang sebelum nak dapat rebate tu Makcik.

LAL 50 : Oh really.. We missed it. My car is dued in March, dia boleh start claim if your car is dued in April kan ?

Dora : ye makcik

LAL 50 : Tu la so I have to wait for the next one (gelak kecil..)

Dora: ooo ye ke.. hehe.. kena tunggu la.. tapi next year pun tak lama lagi.. it's end of 2008 already :)

So after having small chats with LAL 50 which was friendly, she said to me,

LAL 50 : Dik, I kesian tgk no u, lame lagi kan ? I think that would take another hour or so.. I tell you what, I'm just paying some ASTRO bills, why don't u tumpang je la my number skali.. you help me pay for my bills and then you settle kan la ur road tax rebate, i tggu sini.. my number lagi 10 org je...

Dora : (Baiknya makcik ni! alhamdulillah) yer ker makcik? oooo okay... thanks a lot (sambil senyum lebar dan lega)

Not long after that, her number came up and I paid her bills while she sat at her place, I gave her her receipts and thanked her again. Then I got my rebate. yeay!

As I walked out, I saw the guy who took my parking space and the BMW lady, I walked near the guy and said, "you nak nombor saya ke ? saya dah habis.. " he showed me his number with a ha enes poyonyer kau.. (kali ni dia ckp ada ... sbb intonasi malu tapi ego) "ooh nombor u lagi awal.. takpe lah i bagi orang lain (senyum sinis) " and i did the same to the BMW lady.. and finally I gave it to an old Chinese guy who looked like he really wanted an earlier number..

At that moment, I became RM625 richer, happy and no longer dumbfounded. [terima kasih LAL 50.. i never knew her name.. nice lady though]

Moral of the story, sila jangan curi parking org.. or honk sbb nak kejar masa..

2 comments:

Anonymous 1:13 PM  

dora, i got that rm625 without queuing. go online. hehe

lucky 4:46 PM  

tu la.. i found out that afternoon bole wat online.. cheisss.. heheheh

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP