Goodbye 2008

>> Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Let's walk through 2008...

January
I joined AVON. I think it was a sudden thingy. It happened in my colleague's car on the way to work when we car pooled and I said this out of a sudden, "Dora rasa mcm nak join AVON la". Everybody looked at me and asked, "Kenapa tiba2 Dora ckp mcm tu?" at that time, they were talking about something else and I wasn't really concentrating. I also had classes in Shah Alam and the students really tested my patience.. But I handled it well alhamdulillah. This month was also the month I experimented a lot with my (actually Ikhwan's) Konika and developed a deep interest in photography. I had a great trip with Adina in Penang when we visited Cikyah and went to my classmate, Rasis' wedding. After testing Cikyah's Canon EOS 400D, in my heart, I knew I will own a DSLR one day :) Oh, I also fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle in Penang. That incident gave me a one week MC. Nice but not so nice you know what I mean ? oh yes, on the way back from penang also I received a call from MSOM. jeng jeng jeng

February
Had a fabulous trip to PD with my family. I discovered that I am not that bad at volleyball. I think that was the only exercise I had where I was sweating like mad. I practised Linda Bryne's The Secret and it worked (you should really read the book).

March
Cikyah came over for our friend's engagement ceremony, Aliza. We had fun la. went to putrajaya for some shots. At the end of the month, something personal happened. Rahsia. The Secret la. hehehe. Terkejut, panic, excited, happy and met with Sheri, talked to Nadia, Azlina, Adina and sesiapa yang pernah melaluinya. hehe.

April
I met with my Morrie, sorta like my mentor. He said something to me that really hit me hard. And I became very motivated to further my studies. InsyaAllah I will resume when everything is more settled.. I also discovered things about myself that I do not want to know just yet. Sometimes I can't believe or I try not to think about it that much. anyhoo, went to PD again for a course and after coming back from the course, I had the opportunity to go to APM at KLCC convec. This was really cool since I managed to attend the afterparty and the after-after party. Took pictures with Ashraf Sinclair and BCL, Kris Dayanti, talked to Faizal Tahir (really cool guy), snapped pics with Nasha Aziz (gorgeous ok), and some other artists..

May
I turned 2* on the 6th. My students sang Happy Birthday very loudly in my room. It made me wanna cry tp control2.. my family gave me a surprise party at Sri Thai (sebenarnya nak celebrate mother's day and also belanja my family lps dpt bonus), I got an engraved Sheaffer pen for my bday present..really nice :) and last but never the least, as a bday gift from my MSO, a Canon EOS 400D DSLR.. :) [tq BB]

June
June was a very busy month for me. Mostly work related due to the short sem and I taught the Degree students in Shah Alam branch.

July
Was also busy playing and experimenting with my DSLR. Went to UIA for some night shots.. Interesting :) And also tied up with mostly work related stuff

August
Semester starts. I have one foreign student from Sudan. And he was my 2nd foreign students. The previous semester was an indonesian student. Ngapa kamu ngomong2 aja ? Kamu ngerti ngak?? So to make him feel welcomed here, I took the liberty to change my image abit. Pakai la tudung lilit2, learned some arabic phrases and also learned some statistical terms in arabic. But due to the language barrier, he just passed jer. But he was really nice and hardworking. I wish and pray that he will succeed in his studies. August was also the month MSO came back from Germany (woohoo), so banyak dating la.. hehehe talking, movies and hanging out.. This was also a meaningful month for me, especially on Nisfu Syaa'ban :)

September
Ramadhan went by so fast. It was at first really hard coping up with the LDR thingy after a wonderful month. But as usual, we got through it slowly alhamdulillah.

October
Raya :) as usual, the sounds of takbir will always make me feel sebak. we visited our relatives and lotsa open houses this year.. I took this opportunity to snap lotsa pictures with my DSLR. I got RM 200 for my duit raya this year hehehehe.

November
Was a busy month for me

December
I was not so busy. But I had that MQA thingy to finish up. Lotsa public holidays. And I also had a fabulous trip and went shopping like mad. (almost mad).

Overall, 2008 has been a great year. A lot of things happen. Good, medium and also bad.
A very important lesson I learned this year is that I should trust only the people I truly trust. You see, I do not like to think bad about a person. But then, my parents always tell me. Not everybody thinks the way you do (I am very naive). I realized that there are people who might envy you.. or even worse, be jealous of you... sigh~~ And I should really select the ones I truly trust to share my stories. I learned that I should be aware of the evil eyes lurking around. I realized who my TRUE friends are.. The ones who stood by me through thick and thin, the ones who felt my sadness, shared my happiness :)

So, goodbye 2008.. it has been a great year, alhamdulillah

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP